VW Environmental Mitigation
Under the Volkswagen Environmental Mitigation Trust Agreement, the Paiute-Shoshone Tribe of the Fallon Reservation and Colony, Nevada has been designated as a Beneficiary of the Indian Tribe Trust and provides the following information by terms of the Trust Settlement.
The purpose of the Indian Tribe Trust is to expeditiously and efficiently fund Eligible Mitigation Actions (listed below) proposed by Federally-recognized Tribes who have become beneficiaries under the Trust Agreement in order to achieve reductions of Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) emissions in the United States.
Eligible Mitigation Actions include replacement or repower of:
- Class 8 Local Freight Trucks and Port Drayage Trucks
- Class 4-8 School Bus, Shuttle Bus, or Transit Bus
- Freight Switchers
- Ocean Going Vessels (OGV) Shore-power
- Class 4-7 Local Freight Trucks
- Airport Ground Support Equipment
- Forklifts and Port Cargo Handling Equipment
- Light Duty Zero Emission Vehicle Supply Equipment
View the Notice of Beneficiary Designation under the Volkswagen Diesel Emissions Environmental Mitigation Trust for Indian Tribe Beneficiaries:
Funding Request- Replacement of one (1) Class 8 Dump Truck:
General Information about the VW Settlement Trust can be found on the following websites:
Additional questions may be emailed to the Environmental Manager at: email@example.com