Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
FOR GENERAL COUNSEL LEGAL SERVICES
The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe (the “Tribe”) is looking for an individual or firm with significant experience and background in federal and tribal Indian law to serve as general counsel, excluding areas assigned to special legal counsels of the Tribe, and to represent the Fallon Business Council (the “Council”), tribal officials/employees, tribal committees/commissions/boards, and any department/program of the Tribe’s government in any legal matters, including the following areas:
- Provide all necessary legal services as may be required to certify the Tribe’s conformance with the Constitution & Bylaws of the Tribe, tribal ordinances and law & order codes, and any relevant local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Serve as legal advisor to the Council regarding the Council’s powers, duties and responsibilities, legal methods, and procedures.
- Develop, draft, and/or review Tribal Council resolutions (as requested), contracts, legal documents, and motions and opine on the legality of the substantive matters of Council legislative and administration actions.
- Attend Council meetings, community meetings, Council executive sessions, and public meetings (regular and special) as necessary and requested by the Council and/or the officers of the Council.
- Provide written legal opinions on varying circumstances.
- Advise and assist the Council in the preparation and/or analysis of various contracts and other instruments or certificates and handle all legal questions arising from or pertaining to the same.
- Draft laws, codes, ordinances, policies, and procedures.
- Assist in drafting correspondence as requested.
- File routine lawsuits on behalf of the Tribe/Council, serve as counsel on any matters pertaining to the case, and represent the Tribe in court on routine lawsuits filed against it and others as representatives of the Tribe and tribal government.
- On an as-needed basis, provide services in the following areas: labor and employment law, ICWA, NAGPRA, environmental protection, labor law, Indian housing programs, accounting/finance and related audits, and other matter that may arise.
Please note that this Scope of Work is not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of all of the legal issues that the Tribe may retain the successful applicant to provide.
Deadline is September 10, 2021 by 4:00 P.M.
For a more detailed RFP please contact:
Daniel Allen, Council Treasurer
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe • 565 Rio Vista • Fallon, NV 89406
or e-mail email@example.com
(775) 423-6075 Ext. 1006