|Program:||Fallon Tribal Health Center||Salary Grade:||GS – 23|
|Supervisor:||Dentist||Salary Range:||$37.13 – $56.16|
|FLSA Status:||X Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Full Time|
Perform dental prophylactic treatments and instruct groups and individuals in the care of teeth and mouth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of the patient’s care and information.
- Receive medical record for scheduled patients according to appointment list. Make sure all dental information, lab and x-ray reports or outside considerations are in the medical record. Make sure PCC and Super bill are in each chart.
- Perform dental prophylaxis (cleaning and polishing of teeth).
- Give oral hygiene instruction and nutrition counseling to diabetic and periodontal patients.
- Provide tropical application of fluorides, and dental sealants.
- Establish a dental recall system to ensure routine re-examinations and dental services for all patients.
- Perform dental radiology.
- Assist the dentist as necessary and/or provide dental reception services during down times.
- Call for prior authorization of referrals as needed.
- Return patient telephone calls; arrange follow up visits through reception.
- Travel to local schools, Head Start Program, WIC clinics, and Health Fairs, etc., to provide patient education.
- Monitoring of dental equipment to ensure that they are in proper working condition. Periodic cleansing of and maintenance of equipment.
- Participates in quality assurance studies in the dental clinic to assure patients are receiving quality care.
- Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES COMPLIANCE WITH THE INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION ACT PUBLIC LAW 101-630; 25 CODE of FEDERAL REGULATIONS PART 63 – INDIAN CHILD PROTECTION and FAMILY VIOLENCE PREVENTION; CRIME CONTROL ACT OF 1990, EMPLOYEE BACKGROUND CHECKS; and EXECUTIVE ORDER 12968, ADJUDICATIVE GUIDELINES AND THEREFORE MUST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE AN EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND CHECK BEFORE START EMPLOYMENT.
- This position requires that the candidate be a mandated reporter.
- Must be knowledgeable of Privacy Act and be able to maintain confidentiality of records.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Graduation from an accredited program of dental hygiene and possession of a current State of Nevada Dental Hygienist License.
- Shall have at least three (3) years dental hygienist experience.
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference: Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference: Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace: The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Driving Record: Employees who drive tribal vehicles must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License, be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance program, and must also provide a DMV printout annually.
Background Checks: All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations: This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.