|Program:||Human Resources||Salary Grade:||GS –17|
|Supervisor:||Tribal Administrator||Salary Range:||$26.04-31.09|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt Non-Exempt Public Safety||Position Type:||Regular Full-Time|
A FALLON PAIUTE SHOSHONE TRIBE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED TO APPLY. PLEASE VISIT THE WEBSITE AT FPST.ORG OR COME IN TO THE OFFICE 565 RIO VISTA TO PICK ONE UP.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for the overall personnel management, which includes recruitment, employee relations, employee benefits program, salary administration, workers compensation, grievance and appeal system, and personnel records management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Administer and enforce the day-to-day operations of the Tribal Personnel System.
2. Responsible to oversee the overall recruitment process, advertise job openings, compile interviews and questions, maintaining job descriptions and implement, maintains and updates job descriptions.
3. Ensures that applicants are informed of the outcome.
4. Policies and procedures to ensure that proper controls are in place, implements policies and procedures.
5. Design, implement and manage the Tribe’s compensation plan, personnel, and drug personnel management document, reviewing it on a regular basis, coordinate all random drug testing, ensuring confidentiality in all aspects of personnel.
6. Responsible for overseeing employee labor relations, coordinating employee grievances and appeals, disciplinary actions, and ensuring compliance with Tribal and Federal employment laws.
7. Provide new employees with orientation. Complete required personnel documents process and code personnel action forms into the system.
8. Responsible for coordinating with program directors to establish training and development associated with their specific needs and to ensure consistency throughout the organization.
9. Administer the coordination of the employee benefit program and acts as the Insurance Administrator for the employee benefit program, which includes health, life, dental and volunteer retirement plan.
10. Maintains classifications records. Through research develop and write job position description to meet program objectives for each position.
11. Notifies supervisors -performance evaluation due dates for employees based upon their anniversary dates.
12. Distribute, review and file data in employee personnel files.
13. Process pre-employment background checks, pre-employment drug testing, conduct ongoing program requirements.
14. Provide employment counseling, career development and youth services to employees, community residents and staff.
15. Participate and assist with job opportunities with other entities, i.e.: ITCN-JTPA, state of Nevada Welfare – to-work or Indian General Assistance.
16. Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Must be able to write, interpret and explain complex personnel policies, procedures, laws and regulations, but not limited to the Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA), Indian Preference, Workers Compensation, COBRA, Employment Law and Regulations.
2. Knowledge of classification procedures must be able to write amend and change new or revise existing job descriptions.
3. Ability to express ideas effectively, orally and in writing. Able to make oral and written program reports to the Tribal Council on a monthly basis or upon requested.
4. Skilled in effective interviewing techniques to obtain sensitive information for employment applications, education, background and reference checks.
5. Be able to work in a diverse cultural setting due to the sensitive nature of the position.
6. Must participate in a pre-employment drug screening and randomly selected drug testing.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
1. A Business Administration degree and one year of professional or paraprofessional experience in the research, development, evaluation or revision of personnel/employee programs, organizations, or methods, or procedures in a related field of personnel development, or administration of policies and procedures in the Human Resource field; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience on a year-for-year basis in Personnel office setting.
2. Prefer personnel management experience in tribal or governmental setting.
Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe and Native American/Indian Preference; Employment preferences to members of the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone and to members of federally-recognized Indian Tribes shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies. Persons of Tribe and/or Indian ancestry and wish to claim these employment preferences should submit a copy of the Tribal Enrollment Card/Certification indicating the name of the Tribe they are enrolled with.
U.S. Veteran’s Preference; Preference to opportunities to veterans honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces shall apply to this position pursuant to the Tribe’s Personnel Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national original, sex, religious preference, age, handicap, marital status, political preference, genetics or membership or non-membership in any employee organization, except as allowed by Federal and/or Tribal Law.
Drug Free Workplace; The Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is a drug-free workplace. All employees are subject to a pre-employment and random drug screens.
Driving Record; Employees must have a valid Nevada Driver’s License and be insurable under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance program, must also provide a DMV printout annually for those employees who drive Tribal vehicles.
Background Checks; All employees must be able to pass a background check per the Tribe’s Background Check Policy.
Position Description Limitations; this position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Tribe and the employee, and is subject to change by the Council as the needs of the Tribe and the requirements of the job change. This position description is not intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by any employee in this position and is not intended to reflect all duties performed within the position.