Notice of Meeting – Title VI Parent Advisory Committee Meeting Original Announcement
Churchill County School District Title VI-Indian Education Parent Advisory Committee
May 21, 2020 at 4:00 P.M.
A virtual meeting of the Churchill County School District Title VI- Indian Education Parent Committee will be held Thursday, May 21, 2020 beginning at 4:00 PM. Please refer to the instructions below for information about the GoToMeeting platform and sign-on information.
You can join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone at this link: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/726066293 You can also dial in using your phone: United States: +1 (646) 749-3122 Access Code: 726-066-293
If you experience any problems accessing the meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For public comment, members of the public can comment electronically or email their comments to email@example.com.
1. These meetings are subject to the provisions of the Nevada Open meeting Law (NRS Chapter 241). Except as otherwise provided for by law, these meetings are open and public.
2. Action will be taken on all agenda items, unless otherwise noted.
3. The agenda is a tentative schedule. The Churchill County School District Title VI-Indian Education Parent Committee may act upon agenda items in a different order than is stated in this notice –so as to affect the people’s business in the most efficient manner possible.
4. Public comment will be allowed prior to the vote on all action items Public Comment will also be allowed for matters not listed on the agenda at the beginning and end of the meeting. In the interest of time, the Churchill County School District Title VI-Indian Education Parent Committee reserves the right to impose uniform time limits of three (3) minutes on each person providing public comment. No action may be taken upon a matter raised under the public comment period unless the matter itself has been specifically included on an agenda as an action item.
5. Any statement made by a member of the Churchill County School District Title VI-Indian Education Parent Committee during the public meeting is absolutely privileged and does not impose liability for defamation or constitute a ground for recovery in a civil action.
6. The Churchill County School District Title VI-Indian Education Parent Committee may combine two or more agenda items for consideration.
7. The Churchill County School District Title VI-Indian Education Parent Committee may remove an item from the agenda or delay discussion relating to an item on the agenda at any time.
8. Churchill County School District does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, services or activities regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability in accordance with state and federal laws. The District offers additional services to students with limited English language skills or with disabilities so that they may benefit from these programs.